Choosing the right dog bed is one of the most required things for every dog owner.
As a dog owner, we all know that dogs need at most 14 hours of sleep. Although, it may differ somewhat with a different breed of dogs.
So, it is good to give the dog the best sleeping accommodations where it can claim its own peaceful and uninterrupted naps.
More importantly, while considering dog beg it is necessary to look after their age, size, breed, health, sleeping habits and activity levels.
Also, don’t bargain for a low price dog bed which needs to replace soon.
So, always look for a good quality dog bed for lasting value and satisfaction.
Moreover, dogs spend more than 14 hours a day sleeping. Well, it differs from breed to breed.
We have curated some key points that why your dog needs a bed.
5 Reasons To Get Your Dog a Nice, Comfy Bed
- Your dog may not be human, but he is still your best friend and deserves to be treated that way. Would you want to live without a bed?
- Dogs come to know what is theirs. Giving your dog his bed provides your faithful friend with a place to feel safe and secure.
- Beds provide support and comfort for your canine’s bones and joints. This is particularly important for our older furry companions.
- Additionally, a dog bed insulates your dog from cold floors in the winter and warm floors in summer.
- Since most dogs do prefer their bed to yours, it keeps them off your bed – saving a bunch of money on sheets and comforters.
3 Things To Look For In A Dog Bed
There are hundreds of dog beds you can buy. Some are great and some aren’t so great.
We have tried hundreds through the years: There was the one Berry tore up in an hour, the one that Robin felt was a toilet, those that lost their cushioning after a few uses, and those that looked horrible after a measly week.
If you want your dog to be comfortable and you want to save time and money in the long run — Don’t buy any dog bed unless it has the following three features:
- Removable cover – one that is machine washable or dry cleanable (for luxury dog beds). This is a MUST unless you call stinky dog smell aromatherapy. Plus if you or someone in your home is allergic to dogs, frequent washing of dog beds can help tons.
- A “high-memory” poly-fill. Have you ever had a nice fluffy pillow turn into a pancake overnight? The same thing can happen to your canine friend’s bed.
- Hate to say it, but you’re going to have to spend a few bucks.
Have you ever found yourself trying to save money on something only to find that you have to replace it a month later?
A dog bed is one of those things that is better to spend the money on upfront to save money down the road. But even more importantly, you’re dog will be more comfortable, your room will look and smell better, and you will save time and money in the long run.
What Size Dog Bed?
Typically the best way to find the right size bed is to measure your dog while he/she is lying down.
Measure from nose to rear end and add 10-12 inches or if your canine likes to curl up measure the longest distance across.
If you are unsure pick the larger size – better your dog have a little extra room than try to squeeze into a tiny spot or not use the bed at all.
Beds That Stand The Test Of Time
Now all you have to do is choose a bed. There are so many styles it’s hard to choose.
The beds below are wonderful ones to consider. They have received nothing but the best reviews from dog experts, dog lovers and more importantly – dogs themselves.
From personal experience, we know that the Bully beds and the Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler not only look great but are built to last. (and with five dogs that’s no easy task)
It is the most advanced designed dog bed that gives plenty of comforts and fit for those with hip problems
It is made with high-quality orthopedic memory foam that has a supportive headrest and its enclosed zipper is chew resistant.
Moreover, it is also made with hypoallergenic material backed by a 20-year no-flat warranty. Overall, it improves your dog’s quality of life and provides peace of mind.
The Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler is a unique bed with generously filled high walls designed to ease joints.
Its carved front and side wall make it easy for your pet to rest his head.
Its versatile construction allows your pet to feel safe and secure.
This bed will give great comfort to your dog and easy to fit in. It is made of superior quality memory foam that provides overall comfort and improves health.
Its smart design gives optimal security and support.
It is the perfect bed for cuddling and provides superior orthopedic support for the hips and back.
It is also dense and sturdy which provides great comfort and support for pets of all sizes. Also, it is easy to clean and worth the money.
Choosing a dog bed can be tough for some dog owners.
Here, you would have learned about different types of dog beds and how to choose the right bed for your dog.